Thursday, October 18, 2007

FHP Reflection

Name: Ben H.
Project Reflection
Project Title: Family History Project
Class: Humanities
Dates: 10/17/07

PURPOSE
In this section, explain what you were supposed to learn and what you were supposed to do.

The purpose of this project was to learn about our family and an important event that changed their life. To learn about it, we had to interview someone, and take notes for a historical narrative. We added a entry from out journal and an interview write up. We also had to have a least four “artifacts”, such as pictures. In the end, we either put it in a book, or scrap booked it.

WHAT I LEARNED
In this section, tell what information or skills you learned or improved.

What I learned from this project was about my mom's immigration. I learned what she had to go through to immigrate, and about the Chinese Exclusion act. I learned why people immigrated, which was mostly because of the Gold Rush. They also immigrated because there was freedom in America.
Some skills I learned from this project was interviewing people. I haven't interviewed many people before, so it was a good learning experience for me. Since I decided to make my project into a book instead on the scrapbook. I had to bind it and that was a little new to me. The binding wasn't hard, but it was something different.

REFLECTION
In this section, reflect on your experience. Did you like the project? Why or why not? How did you do? What would you do differently next time?


I liked this project a little bit because it was fun but hard at the same time. It was fun going around on the sharing night looking at other people projects, because it feels like it's over until you have to do this reflection. It was hard because there were a lot of components we had to do and one of them was interviewing. I haven't interviewed many people, so it was still a little new. It was also hard because I often felt I was cutting it a little close, and I wondered if I was doing it right.
I did this project again, some things I would change would be my interview questions. I would change them because I didn't fell that they were that great. I would also change how my interview went, because it didn't go as well as I imagined. Another thing I would change would be the event, because it would be boring to the same project over and over. I would also and get things done faster because I often felt I was cutting things a little close.

ARTIFACTS
You should have at least one artifact from each project on your DP. What document, picture, or link will you have for this project?

Some things from this project that I will put on my DP is my book. I will put the separate documents, but not the pictures because I don't think my mom would appreciate the whole world seeing them.

No comments: