#1 A. The Wave takes place in 1969 at a high school in Palo Alto,California.
B. Some clues that describe this date is the technology. Now we have computers, and in the book it said typewriters. Also, the teacher, Ben Ross, goes to the library to find information on a topic. Now, we use the Internet to research.
#2 The line that jumps out at me from chapters 1-4 is "In fact, there wasn't a single pen or pencil in her pocket book that wasn't worn down on the butt end from nervous gnawing. Still, it beat smoking." (pg. 1, The Wave) It jumps out at me, because it shows the time period. High-schoolers were smoking and the terminology such as pocket book gives away the time period.
#3 What do you think the experiment is going to be? Why?


6 comments:
I agree with #1b because I think the technology is much different now then in the book.
#3 I think that he is going to try to make a renactment of the Nazi's.
I agree with you Gabriel about the experiment.
I also agree with gabriel. Because the front cover sort of gives it away.
I agree with your clues and the quote is really good. It made me laugh that you chose that. I like what you chose for #3.
Carly
#1 You have some great observations. Good job.
#3 I think that the experiment will be making the school into a group like the Nazis, to show the students what it was like. I think that, because the teacher gave them a symbol (like a swastika), a chant, and a salute.
Post a Comment