Title: The Restaurant at the end of the Universe
Author: Douglas Adams
Total Pages This Week: 35
Date: week of 3/10/08
2Hours
Pages 274-309 (end of book)
Author: Douglas Adams
Total Pages This Week: 35
Date: week of 3/10/08
2Hours
Pages 274-309 (end of book)
I thought the ending of this book was a little interesting because it leaves a lot of things left, which makes you want to read the next one. This is how the Douglas Adams creates some suspense in the book. He doesn't always leave cliff hangers, and sometimes says what's going to happen, or the result of what is about to occur. How he creates suspense from that is you want to know how in the world that ended up as the result. For example, he says that missiles are going to attack the ship, then says that nothing was harmed, and the outcome was a bowl of petunias, a sperm whale, and a lot of confusion. He then ends the chapter, and you're dying to know how that happened. It is an interesting way of making your audience want to keep reading it.
I would want to read the other books that Douglas Adams has written that aren't part of this trilogy. When you look at the titles of the other books he wrote, you see that they're certain lines from previous books. I like he style wirting because it is unique, and I don't think that I have read another authors book who writing is like his. I will probably read most of these books during break and post here.


No comments:
Post a Comment