Friday, January 18, 2008

Brave New World Response #1


1. I don't think producing humans artificaily is good because haveing parents changes your whole personality. The only possible good thing I think of that is good for beeing created in a test tube, is that you interact with others more, and your not always independant.
2. Splitting people into groups can be good, but not so much when you are being split into groups based on how smart you are or based on your qualities. I disagree with them saying some groups are better than others even if they are. I do think they should have different traits like us, becasue if you look at us, that's what makes us different.
3 I think the author wrote skipping from scene to scen to show that a lot of different things go on at the same time. It goat a little confusing as the cahpter went on since it was just one line before changing. I think it was a kind of cool affect if were in a movie, becasue then you can track it easier based on what you're seeing. In some of the lines, it could've been in a bunch of different wscenes going on at the time, and that is what was confusing to me.

2 comments:

∑†ĦΔИ said...

1. Yes, I agree that it's bad because your personality is set, which causes no freedom, but causes unity as well.
2. We are all different, and what we lack in is covered by our strengths. I don't like the idea because your possibilities are limited, and there's nothing you can do do change it.
3. It is confusing, but if there were pictures it would help. Movies: yes. Books: not that good.

PS: How did you get the window to pop out?
PSS: Nice layout.
PSSS: It's kinda hard to read your name, because the M is two characters.
PSSSS: I really shold stop writing. =)

Giuliano V. said...

good idea about movie!